Sugar Grove, IL (March 2, 2021) – Today Independents for Sugar Grove Village Government (ISGVG) announced its endorsement of Rachel Rockwell for the office of Sugar Grove Village Trustee in the upcoming Kane County Consolidated Election on April 6, 2021. ISGVG believes that Rockwell's ideas to better coordinate Village Government with our Kaneland Community Unit School District is the type of new thinking that is needed in the Village, especially during the current pandemic and its impact on our children's learning. Rockwell is running as a write-in candidate, as her nominating petition signatures were challenged by another candidate – believed to be a first in Sugar Grove’s election history.
Rockwell supports ISGVG’s five-point platform for thoughtful progress in Sugar Grove:
- New ideas about Sugar Grove's future, a vision for responsible development, and the will to act upon it
- Commitment to acting upon the results of a review of the village’s Comprehensive Plan that meaningfully engages with all stakeholders in the community to arrive at a truly shared vision for our village
- Rejection of any development proposal that does not adequately reflect the legitimate interests of Sugar Grove's current residents
- Opposition to the use of tax-increment financing (TIF) when doing so is not in the best interests of our taxpayers and governmental bodies
- In all matters, providing an independent voice that asks tough questions and makes fact-based decisions for the long-term that are fair to all of the village’s stakeholders
"I have spent many years building and organizing community activities in Sugar Grove. That experience, along with my tenacity, drive, and strong character have demonstrated my ability to be a Trustee that gets things accomplished during these challenging times," said Rockwell.
Jim Huguelet, Director of ISGVG, said "Since 2019, ISGVG is an organization of engaged Sugar Grove residents who believe that ordinary citizens must serve in local government for it to effectively represent the interests of all of the village’s stakeholders. Our endorsements seek to help Sugar Grove voters know who will best represent those interests."
Additional ISGVG candidate endorsements will be announced in the near future.
For more information regarding Rachel Rockwell’s candidacy, citizens can visit https://www.rachelrockwellforthepeople.com/ or follow her campaign on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RachelRockwellForthePeople/
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Jim Huguelet, Director, ISGVG, http://www.isgvg.org/
[email protected], 847.867.8706