Sugar Grove, IL (February 26, 2021) - Today Independents for Sugar Grove Village Government (ISGVG) announced its endorsement of Jennifer "Jen" Konen for the office of Sugar Grove Village President in the upcoming Kane County Consolidated Election on April 6, 2021. Currently serving as a Sugar Grove Village Trustee, ISGVG believes that Trustee Konen's record of teamwork, trust, and transparency will best represent Sugar Grove's residents and provide the leadership needed for the Village to grow in a manner consistent with its unique character.
Trustee Konen supports ISGVG's five-point platform for thoughtful progress in Sugar Grove:
- New ideas about Sugar Grove's future, a vision for responsible development, and the will to act upon it
- Commitment to acting upon the results of a review of the village’s Comprehensive Plan that meaningfully engages with all stakeholders in the community to arrive at a truly shared vision for our village
- Rejection of any development proposal that does not adequately reflect the legitimate interests of Sugar Grove's current residents
- Opposition to the use of tax-increment financing (TIF) when doing so is not in the best interests of our taxpayers and governmental bodies
- In all matters, providing an independent voice that asks tough questions and makes fact-based decisions for the long-term that are fair to all of the village’s stakeholders
"After more than 20 years, it is time for new leadership in our Village Presidency - leadership that challenges the status quo and encourages the consideration of new ideas. I have a vision for what Sugar Grove can become, the willingness to truly listen to our residents and village staff about how to achieve it, and the passion to make the changes needed to see it happen," said Konen.
Jim Huguelet, Director of ISGVG, said "Since 2019, ISGVG is a group of engaged Sugar Grove residents who believe that ordinary citizens must serve in local government for it to effectively represent the interests of all of the village’s stakeholders. Our endorsements seek to help Sugar Grove voters know who will best represent those interests."
Additional ISGVG candidate endorsements will be announced in the near future.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Jim Huguelet, Director, ISGVG, http://www.isgvg.org/
[email protected], 847.867.8706