Follow Us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/isgvgov/
All Vote by Mail ballots must be postmarked by Election Day, April 6 - so don't delay!
Endorsed Candidates for the April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election
- For Sugar Grove Village President - Jennifer "Jen" Konen (February 26, 2021)
- For Sugar Grove Village Trustee - Rachel Rockwell (March 2, 2021)
- Candidate Web Site - https://www.rachelrockwellforthepeople.com/
- Candidate Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/RachelRockwellForthePeople/
- View the Press Release - https://www.isgvg.org/rockwell_endorsement_20210302
- For Sugar Grove Village Trustee - Sean Herron (March 5, 2021)
- For Sugar Grove Village Trustee - James "Jamie" White (March 8, 2021)
Who Are We?
Independents for Sugar Grove Village Government (ISGVG, formerly ISGVT) is a group of engaged residents of the village of Sugar Grove, Illinois. ISGVG has two goals:
- Encourage residents of Sugar Grove to become more aware of and active in their local politics, and
- Provide guidance to its fellow citizens on candidates in local elections that will best represent their interests
ISGVG is a non-partisan organization, with members across the traditional political spectrum, united in their dedication to the best possible local governance.
As in prior years, in 2021 ISGVG is endorsing a slate of candidates for Village President and the three Village Trustee positions up for election on April 6, 2021. We are respectfully asking you to honor them with your vote in the upcoming election.
What Do We Stand For?
- New ideas about Sugar Grove's future, a vision for responsible development, and the will to act upon it
- Commitment to acting upon the results of a review of the village’s Comprehensive Plan that meaningfully engages with all stakeholders in the community to arrive at a truly shared vision for our village
- Rejection of any development proposal that does not adequately reflect the legitimate interests of Sugar Grove’s current residents
- Opposition to the use of tax-increment financing (TIF) when doing so is not in the best interests of our taxpayers and governmental bodies
- In all matters, providing an independent voice that asks tough questions and makes fact-based decisions for the long-term that are fair to all of the village’s stakeholders